i turn 25 on august 12th.
i’ve been using this month to really reflect on where i’m currently at now in life, but most importantly where i’m trying to be. i first saw a thirty by 30 list on krystal of the fiesty house’s blog + then, one of my good blog friends elle started writing hers. their list both inspired me so i figured, i’m turning 25 soon.. why not set up some goals to accomplish by the time i hit 30. being a big sucker for lists, it wasn’t hard for me to come up with thirty things i wish to have done within the next five years.
thirty by 30 list
1. pay off all student loans + be completely debt free.
2. take two to three months off to backpack across the world.
3. buy a ‘fix-me-up’ house, lake house or cabin somewhere out the city + renovate it. preferably the catskill region.
4. learn another language by way of rosetta stone. starting with german.
5. buy my first two pairs of christian louboutins +/or louis vuitton bag. i want to be able to actually afford this lifestyle.
6. make at least six figure income, if not on my way to seven.
7. gracefully quit my job + never work for anyone else but myself again. with the exception of freelancing from time to time.
8. get more tattoos. more specifically my back + right arm done.
9. get another dog. this time a boy.
10. train + compete for some type of athletic competition, whether its american ninja, crossfit competitions or even just a triathlon.
11. teach a design based workshop around the world. starting with amurrica.
12. learn how to shoot a gun.
13. learn a mixed martial arts. preferably muy thai +/or krav maga.
14. throw a lavish dinner party for friends.
15. be a guest speaker at a blog +/or design conference.
16. get work published in major publication like computer arts.
17. enter into some design competition + actually win.
18. take a road trip, preferably from the east coast to the west.
19. get engaged, plan my own wedding + get married.
20. practice the art of meditation + yoga on a daily basis. namaste.
21. take on a full interior design project.
22. get a green thumb + grow my own plants, fruits, vegetable + a ‘medicinal greenhouse’.
23. speak to friends + family at least once a week on the telephone. not via text.
24. get court side tickets to a basketball game.
25. have my well decorated living space published in a major home design magazine +/or blog.
26. have visited at least 30 of the 50 states.
27. get back into painting + paint a piece for living space.
28. live by way of stilettos at least 4x a week.
29. go on a ten-day silence retreat.
30. give up fast food completely.
so here’s the list. i turn thirty in 2018 giving me more than enough time to knock out these thirty things. i will definitely keep everyone updated on how things on the list are going. as of today, #12 is how i’m thinking of spending my 25th birthday. a day at the shooting range followed by some barbecue, or something. ugh, i’m such a guy sometimes. #30 is in the works as i’ve given up basically everything but wendy’s + burger king.. but eventually those will have to go. #9 is in the works for the end of the year, as the mister + i are planning on getting a male alaskian klee kai. and now that this blog has actually launched, working extra hard to make #11 + #15 happen within the next year or so. i got my fingers crossed. how about you?