I started this blog on a random Wednesday in June with no real direction of where I was trying to go with this blog. I knew I wanted to inspire others through great design and share valuable resources, but there was never no clear plan at first. Just another one of my experiments to see what works & what doesn’t.
100 post later, I think I’m finally confident in the direction I’m trying to take this blog. My main mission is to inspire & inform creatives, brands & entrepreneurs on topics pertaining to design, branding and marketing. If you’ve been here from day one, I sincerely thank you. If you’re just now tuning into NNY, welcome.. I’m just getting started. Hopefully you’ll rock out with me for at least 100 more post.
As I continue you to bring you more interesting content, let’s have a little recap of what’s been going on here since June, just in case you missed anything:
- Why I Left Your Blog Immediately: Five Design Mistakes Bloggers Make. This was the post that basically gave me the idea to start the Blog Critiques. Speaking of blog critiques..
- The Blog Critiques. A weekly series in which I’ll critique a submitted blog offering design tips, as well as branding & content strategies. So far I’ve critiqued 11 blogs.
- How Instagram May Have Killed Off Vine. There’s was this one time I took shots at Vine & thought Instagram would kill it off completely. Guess I was wrong. You should know to this day I have yet to make a Vine or Instagram video.
- The Thirty By 30 List. Out of all the things I have listed, working on making #15 happen in 2014. Oh yes, and #9.
- 5 Plugins Every Blogger Should Use. I had started a WordPress Wednesdays, but then stopped. This was one of the most useful articles of that short lived series. I will do another post sharing more plugins.
- Fab Friday Finds. One Fridays, I tend to get a little lazy and just share some of my favorite products from Fab.com of the week. Please note, they are also one of my affiliate sponsors. I only share products I have either purchased, want to purchase or can’t afford but stand by it.
- Site Shares: Reaction Gif Archive & Content Idea Generator. Out of all the sites I share, people tend to find these two the most useful.
- Latest Work: Roxy Dare Yourself. I have only shared one of my design projects. I will get better & share sharing more.
- 3 Ways To Spice Up Your Blog Design. A useful article I posted a few months back sharing some ways you could aesthetically spice up your blog post. I even share how you can get Photoshop for FREE.
- Wanderlust: Cape Town, South Africa. Out of all the Wanderlust post done so far, the POD Boutique Hotel in South Africa remains one of my favorites.
- The Best of #ABCReports. When ABC decided to do a report on twerking, #BlackTwitter responded with an epic hashtag: #ABCReports. This is one of my most popular post to date.
- Office Spaces: Urban Outfitters Campus. I want to continue this series, but UO really sets the bar for great offices.
- Case Study: What ASOS Can Teach You About Social Media Marketing. I plan to do more case studies after many people told me they found this information quite useful.
- Lunchtime Linkage: More Doing, Less Promoting. I’ve been on & off w. the lunchtime linkage, but I find it’s more engaging when I just share one great article.
- Free Blog Content Planner. Give me your email, I give you a free blog content planner you can print. At least to hold you until I release the 2014 Blog Planner.
- Design Daily & Interior Envy. I do my best to share some amazing designed projects & interiors.
- How To Increase Facebook Likes With One Simple Step. This post is slowly making it’s way to my popular list. I will be sharing more strategies for social media & content in the future.